Welcome from the First Family
Welcome to Terrace Hill!
A true Iowa treasure, Terrace Hill was built by bankers, inhabited by governors and their families, and has hosted guests from around the world.
While here, you will visit history unfolding right before your eyes.
We hope you enjoy your experience, and we hope you'll return often.
Governor Terry &
First Lady Chris Branstad
- 01/26/2016 – Terrace Hill Endowment for Musical Arts (THEMA) Piano Competition
- 01/25/2016 – Saturday Afternoon Tea and Talk at Terrace Hill
- 12/29/2015 – Terrace Hill Closed For Tours January and February 2016
- 12/21/2015 – Terrace Hill Featured in Author Jay Pridmore's New Book, “Des Moines Architecture & Design”
- 11/20/2015 – Terrace Hill Puppy Jake Reception Canceled Due to Severe Winter Storm Warning
05/07/2016 - 10:30am
06/28/2016 - 5:00pm
07/26/2016 - 5:00pm
08/30/2016 - 5:00pm
10/14/2016 - 5:30pm
10/23/2016 - 1:00pm
10/29/2016 - 6:00pm
12/12/2016 - 10:30am
12/12/2016 - 2:00pm