Looking for a rare and unique cultural experience? Terrace Hill has a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Terrace Hill is one of Iowa’s most impressive historic sites. Donated to the State of Iowa in 1971 by the family of F.M. Hubbell to be the official home of Iowa’s Governors, Terrace Hill is also a National Historic Landmark that offers public tours and hosts special events.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Tour Guides:Tours are offered March through December-10:30-2:30 pm,Tuesday through Saturday. People of all ages and nationalities visit Terrace Hill. Tour Guides have excellent public speaking skills and passion for learning and sharing the history of Terrace Hill.
- Gardeners: Volunteers are utilized throughout the spring/summer to plant, weed and maintain the gardens.
- Kitchen Helpers: Volunteers assist with the preparation, set-up and clean-up of formal dinners, receptions and special events.
- Servers/Bartenders: Volunteers with hospitality and food service experience are utilized as servers and bartenders at formal dinners, receptions and special events.
- For more information on how you can join our amazing volunteer team, contact Karen Engel: 515-281-3604, [email protected] or apply online.